CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION 1
HOW DOES YOUR PROJECT USE OR CHALLENGE CONVENTIONS AND HOW DOES IT REPRESENT SOCIAL GROUPS OR ISSUES?
My magazine, "Beautiful Contradictions", uses and challenges the use of conventions in fashion and art magazines. When looking through and researching about other magazines which are all under the art and fashion wing i found many different magazines that used and challenged conventions in their own way. When looking at cover pages I found that either magazines have the heading in all capitals or all lowercase. Vogue magazine has their heading in all capitals while a lot of art magazines like "computer arts" and "art market" feature lowercase headings. for my magazine I adopted the lowercase letters for the heading and for throughout the magazine. i really enjoyed the "JUXTAPOZ" Magazine cover because of all the different colors and borders. So I put a picture behind my cover to simulate a background for my heading, separate from the main picture. On the cover of my magazine I didn't put any advertisements and I only features one article. Most fashion magazines that are more mainstream are covered in advertisements and have a lot of busy words. I challenged this so that the attention would be on the photos and the art not the words and advertisements.
My magazine represents the younger (15-25) population that is into fashion and art. It is really hard to create a platform as a younger person so having a magazine that could show opportunities and feature these younger artists would benefit them. Fashion has become very mainstream and washed out, this magazine creates a newer look at the fashion around the world and the different artists and their techniques and works. My magazine focuses on the artists and not too heavily on advertisements unlike a lot of magazines. I liked the look of the New York Times Fashion magazine because it was simple and was focused on the art of fashion. I really appreciated their layout and used their concept of simplicity for the cover of my magazine. I tried to showcase the younger audience and give them a platform since they are looked down upon in the art and fashion world a lot.
My magazine, "Beautiful Contradictions", uses and challenges the use of conventions in fashion and art magazines. When looking through and researching about other magazines which are all under the art and fashion wing i found many different magazines that used and challenged conventions in their own way. When looking at cover pages I found that either magazines have the heading in all capitals or all lowercase. Vogue magazine has their heading in all capitals while a lot of art magazines like "computer arts" and "art market" feature lowercase headings. for my magazine I adopted the lowercase letters for the heading and for throughout the magazine. i really enjoyed the "JUXTAPOZ" Magazine cover because of all the different colors and borders. So I put a picture behind my cover to simulate a background for my heading, separate from the main picture. On the cover of my magazine I didn't put any advertisements and I only features one article. Most fashion magazines that are more mainstream are covered in advertisements and have a lot of busy words. I challenged this so that the attention would be on the photos and the art not the words and advertisements.
My magazine represents the younger (15-25) population that is into fashion and art. It is really hard to create a platform as a younger person so having a magazine that could show opportunities and feature these younger artists would benefit them. Fashion has become very mainstream and washed out, this magazine creates a newer look at the fashion around the world and the different artists and their techniques and works. My magazine focuses on the artists and not too heavily on advertisements unlike a lot of magazines. I liked the look of the New York Times Fashion magazine because it was simple and was focused on the art of fashion. I really appreciated their layout and used their concept of simplicity for the cover of my magazine. I tried to showcase the younger audience and give them a platform since they are looked down upon in the art and fashion world a lot.
Comments
Post a Comment