CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION 3

HOW DID PRODUCTION SKILLS DEVELOP THROUGHOUT THE PROJECT?

Interviews - At the beginning of creating my magazine, I found it hard to recruit people for interviews. Most of the people I wanted to interview lived far away or didn't have any free time to meet up. So, I had to do a lot of the interviews through the internet. I had to call the artists and take the interviews that way. But, once I got all of the information I transferred the video files into text and organized them into their own sections.

Scheduling photo shoots - Photo shoots were my favorite part of this entire experience. I got to collaborate with people and organize shots. Organizing the shoots got a little complicated at some points, but I made it work. The first shoot I had was in overcast weather, then next was at night, and the final was in daylight. so, I had to edit all of these to make them blend better, which was difficult. But, I used Photoshop and Pic Art on my phone to edit the finishes and make the photos blend better. 

Taking Photos - At the beginning of the shooting process I used my IPhone 7, which wasn't the best quality. I took the pictures of Neph with this camera and tried to make it work the best i could. This phones camera has a 12MP rear-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture. The pictures I took with this camera came out a little grainy and had weird flashbacks. I used this camera for a little while, until I bought the Sony A7 III. This camera is a mirrors digital camera. On my camera I have a Sony FE 28-70 mm Lens. This camera allowed me to get more variety in the pictures I took, also making them have a better quality and in general just look better. 

Design - When it came to producing the design for my magazine, I knew i wanted to test conventions and create a product that like minds would have interest in. Throughout the production of this magazine i enhanced the overall design of my magazine to make it more functional, as you can see from the first table of contents to the final. 

Comments